BUILDING ACTIVITIES CONTINUE TO RESUME
We continue to navigate unchartered territory! However, worship and some meetings and church activities are slowly beginning to meet in person. As always, the best answer is whatever you are comfortable with for yourself and your family.
Despite the fact that our own lives and the life of our church has become a bit more complicated, our mission to love God and love others remains simply stated. Methodist movement founder, John Wesley, narrowed it down to three simple rules, “Do No Harm, Do all the Good you Can, and Love God.”
Our church leadership continues in solidarity in operating with care and caution for the most vulnerable among us. Leadership will address the policy on a monthly basis for any appropriate updates. The full working document of Reopening Church building policy and procedures is available upon request from our church office. The below list is a few highlights of how we plan to “do no harm” in our building for ministry work and worship in this liminal time.
• Masks or face coverings are required to enter the building during operational hours and required to be worn when entering and exiting Sunday worship, all times during meetings, or other activities inside the building.
• Hand sanitizer is encouraged to be used and is available at entrances and in pew seats.
• Everyone who enters the building for more than 5 minutes, must sign-in attendance. Sheet at office door.
• Keep socially distanced, at least 6 ft. apart, wash your hands, and follow all CDC guidelines.
• At this time, the kitchen will not be utilized except for the Loaves and Fishes ministry. Our coffee fellowship following worship is currently suspended.
• Plan to arrive between 9:15am-9:30am for worship.
• Only one entrance off Kansas Avenue will be used on Sundays. Exit after worship from both Kansas and from 5th Street. Households and individuals should keep 6 ft. apart prior to and upon entering.
• You will be asked CDC provided health screening questions. If you are feeling unwell or have any flu or covid19 symptoms please remain at home.
• Attendance will be taken upon entrance for worship and you will be asked to verify and update your contact information. Any guests
will also fill out contact information.
• On Sundays, the elevator will be in use with social distancing.
• Offering may be placed in the plate at the top of the stairs, there will also be a basket for Blessing Box food donations.
• Hand sanitizer is in pew to use following worship before you exit.
• At the conclusion of worship remain seated. Ushers will dismiss from back of sanctuary to front, there may be some wait time for use of the elevator. Please be patient and enjoy the music while you wait.